September 25, 2007

Fabric minimums, jobbers, and that whole lot pt. 2

OK. So I swallowed my pride and submitted the customer application to the jobber. I am now waiting to hear back if I am approved. Like I said, I don't care to apply for a Net30 account, but that is essentially what I had to do. I am happy to pay in cash for anything I order. Nothing to hide on my credit report - I just prefer to not release that info unless its for a major purchase (like a house or a car).

I have mixed feelings about pre-qualifying customers. I require customers to pay me with a credit card with a valid address and phone number. But if I prefer to pay in cash, I don't know why I MUST apply for a credit account. This may be the way this distributer does business, but I don't have to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment