October 12, 2007

Scapbooky Prints

I have been following scrapbooking for a while. I even own some scrapbooking supplies. Problem is I don't really scrapbook. I have piles/boxes of mementos and that is where it stopped. The time and expense of all of the gadgets and paper was just too much. I need something simpler.

Anyway, I do find inspiration from the scrapbook look and I would like to eventually incorporate it into my website. I'll probably need to hire a graphic design guru to get the look I want. Until then I keep bits and pieces of design ideas filed away.

I have seen the scrapbooking look start to invade children's prints. Here are two recent examples from my hemstitching business:

This first print is a pink ground with the word baby spelled out in blocky letters with an uneven border. You often see this in scrapbooking. The font and colors are very baby. (Click on the pictures for a better view).





The cat print is really fun. The layers of colors and textures add a lot of interest. I really like the bright blue playing against the lighter colored pink. I probably would have never thought to put black in a children's print, but there it is in a dot print. The font and spelled out words say scrapbooking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment