November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Sewing Projects

Between cooking Thanksgiving dinner, I managed to squeak out two projects for the Sew, Mama, Sew challenge.
For Day 7 of the challenge (For your purse or pocket), a funky, Aloha checkbook cover. The patterns on the net were a bit too much work so I came up with my own. My cover is a crazy patch of tropical fabrics appliqu├ęd onto stiff interfacing. The strap keeps it all closed with a bit of Velcro. I liked this project well enough that I want to make one for me. DH said he would not like something like this, but at least it would be easy to find! I kept notes on how I did this and maybe it will turn into a blog tutorial.

The baby blocks for Day 23 (Soft Toys and Games) have been my favorite project so far. They were super easy and helped reduce some of my huge flannel pile.







More projects on tap today. No, I avoid Black Friday shopping like the plague. Sitting in my sewing room is so less stressful. I am so glad I have done some of this challenge. I have so much to be thankful for.... working on handmade gifts for others made me even more grateful for my blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Esther!

    Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete