January 10, 2008

Spring Grading Done!


I am finally finished with grading patterns for my Spring styles. It has taken forever. This is why the blog has been heavily focused on grading. I have one more grading blog entry on pants and then I promise to move on to something more interesting. Grading by hand is getting easier, but I still find it time consuming and tedious. If these patterns were graded by computer, everything would have been done in a couple of hours. Instead, these bodices, waistbands, and pants (not pictured), took me three weeks. The holidays threw things off and then DH's fender bender complicated things. I graded the pants three times because of errors. Finally, I slogged through the rest of it and I can finally move on. Up next are photos of Spring styles. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. That makes me feel better because you know what you are doing and it took you three weeks! I don't know what I am doing with grading (and patternmaking) and am having a rough time indeed.

    ReplyDelete