February 08, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow

I mentioned a couple of days ago that there was 2 feet of snow in my backyard. Scratch that. I have at least 3 feet of snow in my backyard. Combined with the bitter wind, it has been miserable. The highway near my home that almost never closes, closed this last week. The road became a parking lot packed with semi's. It was pointless to shovel our driveway because a few hours later it all drifted back. We have had this all week (mostly).


My husband tells me that I have now experienced a typical Idaho winter. Now I know why people become snowbirds upon retirement.

Not all is glum. I placed my fall fabric order and I should get it soon. That is if they don't close the roads again. Funny enough, I didn't pick typical fall fabrics or colors.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, your husband is right--it's been a long time since we've had a real Idaho winter. :)

    Have fun with your new fabrics--I'm excited to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Esther...I should hope you have lots of cookies...that snow would be too much for me to bear unless I had a stash (both cookies and fabric)...LOL!

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. i long for the day when i will become a snow bird :) not quite idaho but maine has its fair share of the white stuff. we are on the ocean so it tends to be heavy and gusty. seems like it has been flurries for days...ahh summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Wisconsin, and it's the same here!!

    ReplyDelete