March 04, 2008

Sophy Dress pt. 2

The basic Sophy dress is put together. Since the dress is for Fall 2008, I wanted to try a 3/4 length Juliette sleeve. As pretty as it is, it is the first thing you see when you look at the dress and that bugs me. I may just rip it out and put in my usual puffed sleeve. I don't know. I am torn. As much as I would like to finish up this dress and move on to the rest of the group, this will have to sit until I decide. I guess it is a designer mini-crisis....

What is not in crisis is how much I love this fabric. I finished up the wash tests and the fabric came out absolutely beautiful. BTW, fabric should be washed and dried at least 3 times. Here are the wash samples - not ironed.
Anyway, I do have some more helpful posts coming, just haven't gotten to it yet. Feel free to ignore my fashion designer drivel.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Design Loft: Pretty fabric. It would sell well in 4-6x! Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sleeve...keep it!

    And yes I agree--the fabric is yummy!

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete