April 29, 2008

Hawaiian Sun Dress - Sold!


I had re-taken the photos of a one-of-a-kind Hawaiian inspired sun dress I had listed on Etsy. I was planning on doing a blog plug for it. Of course, time got away from me and I didn't get to it right away. A week or so after the new photos were posted, the dress sold! I hope the new owner likes it.

The idea for the dress literally flew into my head (almost like the idea of Harry Potter for J. K. Rowling). I had fabric left over from a project for Black Pearl Designs. The owner, Scott, designed this fabric from traditional Tahitian motifs. What to do with all the left overs? Not one scrap was big enough for a whole dress - but together it could work. The idea floated around in my head and bugged me until I took the time to put this together. It was fun to make! I wish I could make more of them but I am completely out of the green, so the dress is a one of a kind.

2 comments: