May 27, 2008

I'm ready for Hawaii...

How was your Memorial day weekend? Mine was cold and wet. I had dreams of planting the rest of my vegetable garden. Because of all of the rain, it may not go in until next week, maybe later. The spinach, peas, radishes, and lettuce are doing great. Usually my tulips are done by now, but they are still going strong...

Anyway, the cold and wet weather made me dream of the warm, sandy beaches in Hawaii. A sunny tropical climate sounds so good after a hard, cold winter and a cold, wet spring. Over the weekend I put together a summer, Hawaiian collection which will be available in the store as soon as I can take some decent photos. The mini-collection consists of a peasant top and skirt in a Tahitian inspired fabric print in 5 colors. The pieces can be worn alone, together, or paired with something else already in your child's wardrobe. They would make a great beach cover up for those lucky enough to live near the beach!

Here is the complete outfit in red. I am working on a matching headband and/or hat.

The other colors include white, blue, bamboo, and mauritania purple. The white, bamboo, and purple is very, very limited. I may be able to get more fabric but the supplier is nearly sold out.

Parting shot. The tomatoes and my Mother's Day flowers are wall waiting to get planted outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment