March 05, 2009

Bookmaking pt. 10

I couldn't help myself and skipped ahead. I don't know if anyone wants to see step-by-step, especially when I am relearning a lost skill....

Anyway, here is the result of my first "book" in a long time.


You can't see the many problems I had backing the fabric used in my book. I am calling it character right now. The two books I have on bookbinding. I am spending time trying to figure out what I did wrong...


Arg! This photo shows the many problems I had with laying down the end paper. Probably a result of the paper and glue combo. (Who knew glue/paste/adhesives would be such a controversial topic?). The book is really a pamphlet cover. My goal was to make a cover for pamphlets that are removable. The book is lightweight and the right size to carry in a book back for note taking and sketching. I will use it -- it is functional, if not pretty.

Off to the hardware store to search out some more glue and paste....

No comments:

Post a Comment