April 08, 2009

Easter Dresses

I have been super busy this month. I was asked to make three Easter dresses and it took me a bit more time than I expected. The pink version is my favorite. I did a blue and purple check version for the two older sisters. The pink dress is for a little girl that is 18M but wears a 24M. The mom requested the dress be made in size 3T. This posed a bit of a challenge as there is a lot of length in the dress that I had to keep so the dress could be made longer as the girl grows. There is a 3" blind hem and a 2" tuck in the over skirt and a deep 5" tuck in the underskirt. The dress still ends up being floor length. If I were to make the skirt any shorter, than the proportion begins to look funny. The waist ties take up the extra room in the bodice.


No comments:

Post a Comment