February 08, 2010

Carnival inspired coptic journal - pink and orange

I decided to take part in the Bookbinding Etsy Street Team's carnival challenge. This was a difficult challenge for me and made me flex my creative muscles. I added the additional challenge to myself to not spend any money. Carnivals are big celebrations and parties. Some are really over the top, which is so not me. Still I tried to bring carnival colors to my book by using pink and orange.

I tried to find some imagery that used clowns or jesters and ran across an image in a costume history book at Project Gutenberg called Dancing Fools. Then the hunt was on to find a quote and Shakespeare came to the rescue - Them that are fools, let them use their talents. So the inspiration was on - A medieval inspired, carnival color book.


The book was fun to put together and I felt like I had finally found my groove. That is until I discovered a misspelled word on the cover. Since I don't have the time to re-do the book before the challenge deadline, I am offering a 10% discount to the buyer that tells me which word it is in the messages box during checkout.

Voting for the BEST carnival challenge book will begin February 12th. I'll update this blog entry when voting begins with the link to all the other books when it is available.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how this book turned out!!! :D

    ReplyDelete