August 06, 2010

Coptic style books are coming to my Etsy shop


This is what's been keeping me busy for the last month. I've been developing  coptic style sketchbooks using left over chipboard from packaging and some of my unused scrapbooking papers. I finally settled on a method which creates a stiffer cover and minimizes any potential warping. I chose the coptic style because the books will lie flat when open - perfect for sketching on the go.

The books are designed to utilize nearly every bit of the paper used for the interior pages. There is very little waste created from these books and in fact, they divert chipboard from the trash. The book sizes are determined by the paper I use for the interior. For now there are two sizes, both are easy to hold in your hand and small enough to stow in a bag. I chose the coptic style because the books will lie flat when open - perfect for sketching or list-making on the go. The bonus design feature is the elastic band that holds the book closed.

I'm really excited about these books. Styles and quantities will vary as it will depend on the availability of chipboard and paper on hand. The interior pages will always be acid-free paper.

Stay tuned. I hope to have these books listed in my Etsy shop next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment