June 13, 2011

Obligatory tulip photo post


My tulips bloomed really late this year due to the cold wet spring we're having. I have early, mid and late blooming varieties. This year the mid and late bloomed together about the 3-4th week of May. I still have some that are just now blooming, which is unbelievable. This flower bed is finally, after several years, starting to look as I had envisioned. Unfortunately it is slated for destruction next year when we tear up our front yard to replace the sewer line. In the next few weeks I will be madly dividing these and placing them elsewhere in hopes that I can save some of them. I'm still not sure if I need to move the cotoneaster and other perennials too... My hopes is that after all the destruction, I can expand the flower beds so that I have less grass to mow.

No comments:

Post a Comment