September 08, 2011
So I started a blouse pt. 2
I made some small progress. I managed to trace off a collar stand and collar for my blouse from another Burda pattern. I did have to modify it as the collar stand did not fit on my blouse - comes with mashing up two different styles. I learned this by walking the pieces along their seamlines, which is something I always do even when sewing up a Burda pattern without changing it. Looking at the pieces now, I'm thinking the collar stand is too tall. I'll have to pull a blouse out of my closet to compare before cutting into fabric.
I also changed the front bodice pattern to eliminate the full facing. Now it has a double fold standard shirt placket. I'm hoping the double fold placket will eliminate the need of interfacing the area. After looking at the blouses in my closet I saw that not many of them had interfacing. I'm also mulling over shaping the side seam just a bit. I do like blouses that have a bit of shaping rather than a box. Notice the scribbling on the parts that will be cut off eventually.