So this is how I did it:
- Sew and turn collar. Press. Topstitch
- Attach collar stand to collar. Press.
- Attach one side of collar stand to shirt, wrapping button band around. Press seam allowances up.
- Press and pin collar stand to inside neck. Topstitch collar stand.
I looked closer at my example shirt and I can see it was sewn differently.
- Sew and turn collar. Press. Topstitch.
- Attach collar stand to collar on one side (outside facing).
- Attach collar stand to neck. Stitch collar stand curve and as far as possible on top edge - sandwiching the collar. Turn out and press. Press under remaining seam allowance on collar stand.
- Top stitch collar stand, catching remaining open seam.
So, I will be ripping this collar off and trying it again. I do have some pattern checking/tweaking to do. You can see my notes in the picture above.
- Lengthen collar band 1/8"
- Check collar length/width
- Reset left sleeve - puckers.
- Refigure collar/band construction steps.
- White shows everything.
- Sleeve cuffs?
- Smooth collar band curve
And I need to:
8. Buy better interfacing.