October 28, 2011

My February Lady Sweater pt. 5


I finally feel like I have made some progress on my sweater. Though not long after I took these pictures, I ripped back the sweater a good two inches. The raglan length was way too long making the armhole huge. I should have trusted my instincts but I blindly followed the Custom Fit Raglan instructions only to determine it wouldn't work for me. I was a bit nervous ripping it out because of the splitting yarn and the lace patternwork, but it's all good.


I'm not super thrilled about my buttonhole placements, but I'm not ripping back that far. They will work where they are. I may add some single crochet edging to firm up the button band area.


The top down knitting of this sweater has really stretched my mind in ways I didn't expect. I always struggled with draping in school and this kind of knitting is not dissimilar. You have to visualize in 3-D as you work. Even though I find that difficult, I'm liking the results and how it has changed my thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment