November 23, 2011

My cash wallet

I purchased a pattern off Etsy for a cash wallet. We've been following the Dave Ramsey envelope system and use cash for most of our regular purchases. Paper envelopes have a very short life and are just plain annoying. I did pick up a coupon organizer at Walmart, but it's too big and bulky for my purse. So a search on Etsy turned up this pattern. The wallet cover is on the left and the still  to be constructed envelopes are on the right.

The pattern is rather clever and looks like it will be fairly durable. I've had a little bit of trouble finding the suggested magnets for the envelopes. I thought I might be able to use a peel and stick magnet that I could cut to the right size. I might still be able to use them, but I've decided to keep looking. This particular magnet doesn't appear strong enough. So the project has been put on hold again.

There are few fiddly parts which could be greatly improved by additional templates and such but that's my inner technical designer coming through. The pattern designer seems particularly concerned about people selling wallets made from her wallet. She doesn't really have much to be concerned about as the process is a bit time consuming.

1 comment:

  1. Look for magnets at Lowe's or Home Depot. I used magnets before for a fly away dress in a Cinderella Musical.

    ReplyDelete