January 25, 2012

Hungry Hippo pt. 1

I immediately cast on a new project after finishing the February Lady Sweater. I'm working on the Hippo by Susan B. Anderson and it is going really fast. I finished up the body today and I've started on the head. It has been a really fun knit so far.

The only problem I've had is finding the poly pellets used to give the toy a little bit of weight - none of my local craft stores seem to have it. I did find some poly beads in my stash and used those. I sewed the beads into a fabric bag and placed it in the body of the hippo. It does make a difference. If anyone has any suggestions of where I can buy poly pellets, please leave a comment. I think I'm addicted and I know I'll be making more of Susan B. Anderson's toys.

DH says the Hippo body looks like an Adipose.

The Hippo pattern and other really awesome knitted toys can be found in Susan's book Itty-Bitty Toys: How to Knit Animals, Dolls, and Other Playthings for Kids.

1 comment: