April 23, 2012

Spinning - Tardis blue yarn

Things have been really slow in the Design Loft. I did manage to finish up my 1.5 oz of Tardis Blue yarn.

The plying ball.
And the yarn.


I went ahead and decided to participate in the Spindlers Ravelry group monthly challenge entitled Snips and snails and puppy dog tails. While the color certainly references Dr. Who, it wasn't until I read that the original title for last season's Night Terrors episode was "What are little boys made of?" So this yarn is called Tardis Blue for the color and named Night Terrors for the Dr. Who episode.

Yarn specs:
80 yds
9 WPI, Worsted
2 ply
corridale wool.

This yarn bled a lot while soaking. This was the first yarn I've taken from the fluff to finishing and most instructions say to soak in hot water. It bled heavily, so I switched to cold and that most definitely helped. So in future, wash with cold, separately. I thought I was spinning the yarn pretty fine, but clearly I wasn't. The yarn was DK before soaking and worsted after. It fluffed up quite a bit. It was a lot of fun watching the yarn form and I'm definitely hooked on a new hobby.

1 comment:

  1. What pretty yarn! I'm impressed with how quickly you have picked up spinning.

    ReplyDelete