May 07, 2012

Book making - creating books as gifts

Last year I managed to get a jump start on Christmas gifts by making potholders in bulk. They went into a kitchen/cooking theme basket and I think they went over ok. This year I decided to make handmade books from mostly recycled materials. I've been stashing chipboard boxes for over a year. I also found some unused, forgotten drawing tablets in a closet. At the library book sale, I found an old atlas and other travel books. I think the books should be a fun project. I'll throw in some simple pamphlet, jotter style notebooks to make sets. All I'll need to do after that is buy some nice pens in bulk. Easy-peasy and so inexpensive. I decided after last year that giving simple, meaningful gifts is so much better than a bunch of cheap stuff in a gift basket.

So far, I have broken the boxes down and glued two layers of chipboard together. I've started cutting the chipboard down to size and then I'll start covering the boards with decorative paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment