October 07, 2012

Knitting - Hat and Crochet - slippers

I just finished up two projects.

First the Milanese Topper

 The hat came out well, but I had trouble getting gauge. I think Lion Brands Wool-Ease is a light worsted or even sport weight. I redid the cast on to 120 stitches and crossed my fingers that the decrease rounds would work out all right. Thankfully, there wasn't too much trouble. I kept messing up the lace because I knit most of this hat will watching a marathon running of season 4 of Fringe. You have to have a knitting project while watching that since there are so many yucky things, but I still got sucked in and would miss a yarn over or something.

The brim rolls up quite easily, even after blocking. I think next time I will reduce the cast on and do a ribbed brim.

Next up were a pair of crocheted Mary Jane Slippers. A quick and easy project.

No comments:

Post a Comment