December 10, 2012

Knitting - Dinner in the Eiffel Tower Shawl

A few weeks ago I finished up my first shawl. It is a half circle lace shawl. I learned a new stitch - P2TBL (pearl 2 through the back loop). Thank goodness for Ravelry because I would never have figured out how to do it.

Originally, I wanted to knit a large shawl that I could wrap up in as my basement gets very chilly in the winter. Unfortunately, this shawl ended up much smaller than I expected. I could have expanded some of the sections pretty easily but I was worried about running out of ran. There ended up being no need to worry because I have a whole skein left over.

The shawl itself is pretty and I'm glad I made it. I'm only disappointed in the size as I'm not sure how I will wear this. I could have ripped back to one of my life lines and added to a few of the sections but those P2TBL stitches are just hard enough that I didn't want to redo them.

Love, love the yarn: Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold.

More details on my project page.

No comments:

Post a Comment