December 15, 2014

Knitting: Teddy Bear pt. 2

I thought I might have enough yarn. I managed to get the body, two arms and one leg. I still have the other leg, two feet, two ears and a tail. I probably can squeeze out the second leg, but that's it. So, this teddy bear will be frogged at some point and the yarn will end up in some scrappy socks.

It's ok. I'll try the bear again. The pony beads worked out great in the bottom of the body and I'll use them again. They do make a noise as the bear is moved, but I'm not sure that is a bad thing. I'm also not sure they are less expensive then the poly pellets at least when ordered online. But, the beads are available at Walmart. I did try the beads in the arms and decided not to add them there. I might have added them to the feet, but I didn't get that far. A one pound bag of beads could be used in several bears.

Another option to contain the beads or poly pellets is to make cloth bags to hold them. This way they won't escape through the knitted fabric. I may do that on the next try.

The bear could really be made in any weight yarn. I do have some acrylic worsted weight yarn that I could use, but that just does not sound appealing. I do like the smaller size bear in the sock yarn weight. I'll have to keep my eyes open for sock yarn on clearance at the craft store...

No comments:

Post a Comment