May 07, 2013

Stuffed Toy Floor Bag

My kids stuff toy collection is getting out of control, mostly due to grandparents but we are just as guilty. And since they are young, I have all their toys in the family room so I can watch them from the kitchen and the pile was becoming unsightly, overflowing their corner. One evening while on Pinterest, I came across an idea to use a bean bag as storage for soft toys. I also found a company that makes a bag but charges more than I wanted to spend. I mean it is just a giant bag.

My version is a giant floor bag, large enough for 2-3 little ones to sit on.

Stuffed toy bag storage solution - the kids love it
The girls love it.


Diameter of top and bottom circle pieces is 36". Side panel (in grey) measures 15"x 120".

Stuffed toy bag storage solution
Fabric is a double sided fur fleece.

I cut a 24" diameter inner circle in the top to create a mesh fabric window and zipper opening. The mesh fabric is an old laundry bag but you can buy mesh fabric like this from Seattle Fabrics. I used the small inner circle as a pattern for the mesh window adding 1" more for seam allowance. 
A 1/2" binding strip of sheer tricot was applied to the cut edge of the mesh so one side of the zipper could be sewn on to it. The fur fleece was overlapped to finish the other side of the zipper.






2 comments:

  1. Janelle8:44 PM

    No way, you brilliant evil genius! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS great. Love that the opening is wide enough that most tosses will make it in. Basket!

    ReplyDelete