I learned to recover shoes in grad school and was taught to actual separate the sole from the main part of the shoe, not completely but enough to stuff about 1/2" or so of fabric into, and glueing everything back together with Barge cement. This method is a permanent change and I wanted to undo what I was doing.
This is the shoe before:
I used a lot of pins and stabbed them straight in the shoe, right above the rubber sole.
After the fabric was draped and pinned in place, I trimmed off excess fabric leaving about 3/8" to turn under.
Here, I turned the seam allowance and repinned.
Ready to sew.
A curved needle would have been nice at this point but I made it work.
All finished except the puff ball.
I added puff balls and fur trim.
|The fairies exploring the outdoors.|